This is by no means a full and perfect list of things you may need the night of your social. This is just a tool to help get you started.
- Breath! First thing, take a min, you got this!
- a few extra bags (that hold the draw tickets for each prize) -one may rip or you may miss count.
- tape, scotch tape, masking tape (check with your venue as some limit different kinds) – sometimes the prizes need a little TLC when they arrive too
- Markers, at least 2 colours. posters, the prize bags anything
- 2 lock boxes, one for the front table and one to store your extra cash through the night
- a pad lock ( many venues offer a cupboard or room to lock up your additional money and your personal items for the event, you just need a lock)
- Thank you cards for your bridal party (or anyone helping that night), even your DJ and your venue. It takes a team to put on a social, remember to thank them.
Addition items if your venue does not supply them or if you are having a social in a nontraditional venue;
- Ice, ice bucket, ice tongs, or scoop
- Cocktail napkins (2 per person)
- Paper towels
- Extra toilet paper
- Plates (appetizer, salad, dinner, dessert)
- Glasses (water, wine, mixed drink, beer, soda, coffee); some beverages can use the same type of glass
- Silverware (Think through each course; a fresh spoon or stirrer is necessary for coffee.)
- If you are serving warm food, check the tank or warming trays, charcoal, lighter fuel, bug spray, and citronella candles (if outdoors)
- Coffee and assortment of tea bags
- Cream and sugar
- Salt and pepper, mayo, mustard, ketchup, ect
- Wine, beer, and soda chilled
- Wine and bottle opener
- Bar garnishes (lime, lemon, olive)
- Charged camera battery!
- Garbage bags
- Dishwashing soap
- Club soda (for any thing that may spill, a great spot remover)
- Space to chill beverages. It takes beer, wine, and soda 20 minutes to chill on ice. A large tub or cooler can be used in a back room.
Good luck at your social!